Englische Stimmen

Alles über die beiden Haudegen! Das Forum der Spencer/Hill-Datenbank.
Antworten
Schlitzi
Re: Englische Stimmen

Beitrag von Schlitzi »

Fantaghiro in english? Is it worth it?

Wow! You know really everything! How is it with Go for it and Double Trouble?
Schlitzi

Beitrag von Schlitzi »

Johan Melle hat geschrieben: Do 1. Mär 2018, 21:13 LewtonCole and Schlitzi: Can you guys also confirm whether I was right or wrong about Robert Sommer's voice in TORINO NERA:
https://youtu.be/HDMWG50lofA
Yes, thats for sure Sommer. Sounds like Buddy in "Who finds a friend", only a few years younger perhaps!

Bei den Trinitys und Nobody interessieren mich alle Schauspieler. Aber Namen kann ich leider auch keine beisteuern, höchsten noch Filme, wo man die gleich Stimme hört. Und Soundfiles kann ich auch keine erstellen.

Ja. Da hab ich ganz schön was losgetreten. Wenn ich das geahnt hätte.
Johan Melle

Beitrag von Johan Melle »

I mostly like the English dubbing of the FANTAGHIRO movies (or THE CAVE OF THE GOLDEN ROSE as it's called in English). The dubs are directed by Gene Luotto and Nick Alexander, who also directed the dubs of many Spencer/Hill movies.

Thank you very much for the confirmation on Sommer's voice in TORINO NERA.

I've already posted the names of the few dubbers I recognized in GO FOR IT. I must look at DOUBLE TROUBLE again, but haven't had time to yet.
Johan Melle

I've skimmed through a few more films to check voices, starting with CAN BE DONE... AMIGO (1972), which I found on YouTube. The DB lists Richard McNamara as Bud's English voice, but it's not him this time. Bud is dubbed by Frank Latimore, although McNamara can also be heard here, as the voice of Francisco Rabal. Other voices in this film are:

Dany Saval - Susan Spafford
Raffaele Mottola - Ted Rusoff
Luciano Bonanni - Edward Mannix

I also looked at WHO FINDS A FRIEND FINDS A TREASURE (1981) and here are the voice credits I've compiled:

Terence Hill - Terence Hill
Bud Spencer - Robert Sommer
Louise Bennett - Gisella Mathews (IMDb says it's Cicely Browne, but that's wrong)
Herb Goldstein - Edward Mannix
Salvatore Basile - Larry Dolgin
Claudio Ruffini - John Gayford
Reporter (Kathy Lun?) - Susan Spafford
Arnie Ross - Larry Dolgin
Roberto Messina - Edward Mannix

IMDb says Gene Luotto is the voice of John Fujioka and Tom Tully, which may or may not be correct. I don't know. As far as I know, the only time Luotto appeared on-camera was in EXCELLENT CADAVERS (1999), which I haven't seen.

IMDb also says Gregory Snegoff is the voice of Sal Borgese, which may very well be correct, but I found it hard to say if it's him or not since he basically just speaks gibberish.

And finally SPEAKING OF THE DEVIL (1991). This is another film where I think many actors use their own voices. We should probably try to do some comparisons. The European cast members are dubbed, though:

Bud Spencer - Edward Mannix
Jean Sorel - Kenneth Belton
Riccardo Pizzuti - Nick Alexander
Maiky

Beitrag von Maiky »

​Saying lots of Thanks & Goodnight for now, goeienacht 😊😊😊 🌃🌃🌃 WELTERUSTEN 🌠🌠🌠 ***
"Das Leben & Denken im Konjunktiv führt ins Unglück." ~ Jean Reno & irgendwie so 8-)
CharlieFirpo
Administrator

Beitrag von CharlieFirpo »

Good morning from Groningen 🇳🇱

I changed Alexander for Bugner in the alien movie. Harmstorf was my mistake and I add the information about Can be done. I don't like wrong information in the database 🙂. I will add the rest later. It's a little bit uncomfortable to do this by phone 🙂
Chickadee

Beitrag von Chickadee »

Ok, everything is in :-) You're so quick with new information that I think it is better not to fall behind :-)
Johan Melle

TheDutchman hat geschrieben: Do 1. Mär 2018, 18:45
Johan Melle hat geschrieben: Do 1. Mär 2018, 18:17
TheDutchman hat geschrieben: Do 1. Mär 2018, 13:19 Here are some Scenes from The Tough and the Mighty / Barbagia. Hope it helps :)

https://youtu.be/BbZP51i5fiY
Wow! Thanks for the great clip from this film which I've never seen. And, yes, it sure helps a lot! Lots of familiar voices here.

Rosalba Neri is dubbed Carolyn De Fonseca and so is the girl at 4:33 (is that Helena Ronee?)

Tano Cimarosa is dubbed by Edward Mannix and so is the guy at 2:41 who says "I didn't murder his brother"

The woman at the end (Rossana Martini?) is dubbed by Susan Spafford

And is that Robert Sommer voice dubbing Frank Wolff, or am I getting him confused with someone else?? Again, I need to spend more time getting familiar with this voice...

Terence Hill's voice gives me a feeling of déjà vu, but I don't know who it is...
Glad I could help you. Yes the girl at 4:33 is Helena Ronee. But I don't know who is the guy at 2:41 who says "I didn't murder his brother" and the woman at end. Both are not in the Database.
So just to be sure: the woman at the end who is dubbed by Susan Spafford is not Rossana Martini (a.k.a. Rossana Martini Krisman) then??

Oh, and what about that reporter with the glasses who is dubbed by Frank von Kuegelgen? Is that Carlo Lizzani?
Johan Melle

Returning to the topic of the two different English dubs of GOD FORGIVES... I DON'T, I made an interesting discovery when I looked in the DB at the photos of the different credits sequences. The international English opening and ending titles for GOD FORGIVES doesn't list any dubbing studio or dubbing director, but the US end titles credits dubbing studio Titan Productions and dubbing director Lee Kressel:

Bild

Titan Productions (previously called Titra Studios) is a New York-based dubbing studio that is famous for dubbing numerous Japanese monster movies, but they also dubbed various cartoons, Italian films etc.

And I noticed that there's a credit for Titan Productions in BOOTS HILL too:

Bild

So BOOTS HILL and the US dub of GOD FORGIVES were both dubbed by Titan Productions in New York, and that explains why none of the familiar Rome-based can be heard in these dubs. It makes me wonder whether or not any other Spencer/Hill films were dubbed in New York. Didn't someone say that ACE HIGH features the same voices heard in GOD FORGIVES and BOOTS HILL? I don't see any mention of Titan Productions in the credits for ACE HIGH, but since it's a part of the same trilogy as the other two, it would make sense that this one too was dubbed in New York.
Schlitzi

Beitrag von Schlitzi »

So hab wieder mal ein bissl gecheckt
Also Buffy Dee ist es in Zwei bärenstarke Typen, Miami Cops, Aladin und Extralarge selber.
Dan Fitzgerald ist es in Zwei bärenstarke Typen und Supercop auch selber.
Harold Bergman in Typen, Supercop, Rio, Miami Cops und Aladin auch.
Lou Marsh ist es in beiden seiner Auftritte auch selbst.
Umberto Raho ist wie Johan schon vermutet hat, in Aladin Robert Sommer.
Giuseppe und Diamante Pedersoli sind ebenfalls synchronisiert.
Mich würde noch interessieren, wer in bärenstarke Typen sich selbst gesprochen hat, außer die uns schon bekannten.
Ist nicht viel, aber mehr hab ich nicht geschafft
Antworten