About Murder-Rock and trusting info from the IMDb

Alle Themen zur Cinema-Italiano-Datenbank.
Antworten
Johan Melle
About Murder-Rock and trusting info from the IMDb

Beitrag von Johan Melle »

Hmm... okay, not trying to be grumpy or difficult here, but please, PLEASE don't trust blindly in cast identifications from the IMDb. This is NOT a reliable source. If you are not 100% sure about an identification, then it's always better to add actors to the unknowns gallery instead of filling the DB with all sorts of incorrect info.

The reason why I'm saying this is because last night I added pictures of the actors in Murder-Rock (1984) and corrected some mistaken identifications which seem to have been based on erroneous IMDb info. But now today, I see that someone has changed back the cast identifications in accordance with the info from the IMDb, and there are now several mistakes.

Let's start with Giovanni De Nava, who is now listed in the DB as playing the hotel receptionist seen here:

Bild

The problem is just that this is NOT Giovanni De Nava. You can find a large selection of pictures of the real Giovanni De Nava here: https://movieplayer.it/foto/giovanni-de-nava_80117/
As you can see, he looks nothing at all like the hotel receptionst. I actually think he plays the role of Morris instead, but this character is only briefly seen and always draped in shadows, so it's difficult to be sure.

Then there is the matter of the first victim, Susan, seen here:

Bild

In the DB, it now says that she is played by Berna Maria Do Carmo. DCI, however, says Susan is played by Anja Lemerman, and IMDb says Angela Lemerman. The correct answer is that she is played (uncredited) by Anja Lemmermann. I was able to identify her because she posed for the magazine Skorpio, and here we can see her on the cover of this magazine:

Bild

I added this identification to the DB yesterday, but now it's been deleted...

Then we have the second victim, Janice, seen here:

Bild

The DB now says she is played by a certain Carla Buzzanca - an identification that I am sure comes from the IMDb. But no Carla Buzzanca is credited in this film, and she is not in the DCI cast list either, unlike Anja Lemmermann (or Lemerman). Also, this Carla Buzzanca has no other IMDb credits. In my opinion, Janice is most likely played by Berna Maria Do Carmo. Indeed, DCI credits the role of Janice to Do Carmo, whereas IMDb says she plays 'Joan', although there is no character by that name in the film. Unfortunately, Do Carmo does not appear to have been in any other films so it is impossible to identify her for sure - unless she's in one of the Annuario Degli Attori books or something like that.

Finally, there's Gloria:

Bild

The DB now attributes the role of Gloria to Belinda Busato, and so does both DCI and IMDb. This is most likely correct, but again, Busato has no other credits, which makes it difficult to be absolutely sure.

Again, not trying to be difficult here, but I think this situation here is a good example of what can happen when you but too much trust in the IMDb, so PLEASE be skeptical of cast identifications that you find there!
FatmanDan

Re: About Murder-Rock and trusting info from the IMDb

Beitrag von FatmanDan »

No, it was in no case a question of imdb-Copying. I used Bertrand van wonterghems Cult Actors-Site (http://users.telenet.be/divx_repair/cul ... ry005.html for example), but apparently it is not as reliable as I thought till today.
So, I reset all the changes I made. (And learned, that there are 2 actresses calles Anja Lemmermann, who both are not listed in the imdb. Why 2? Here's the second one: https://filmmakers.de/anja-lemmermann

All the best and sorry, Johan.
Johan Melle

Beitrag von Johan Melle »

No problem :) I just wanted to address this, and I couldn't think of any other place to do it than here.

Anyway, I remember that website, and I always thought it was very cool. I think the guy who ran the site did his best to provide correct identifications based on the sources and information available at the time, but this was back in 2006 (the site hasn't been updated since that) and I think that it occasionally relied a little too much on either the IMDb or deductive methods of identification. On that page you linked to there's also a picture of Maurizio Steccioni listed as Virgilio Daddi for example.

Considering that all the other identifications in the DCI listing are correct, I think it is extremely likely that Belinda Busato really is Gloria and that Berna Maria Do Carmo really is Janice, but again, it's nearly impossible to verify since almost none of the young actresses in this film ever appeared in anything else. Presumably, they were dancers and not actresses (they certainly do not give very impressive performances, in my opinion). Now, I found Maria Vittoria Tolazzi in the Annuario Degli Attori 1984-85 book, but unfortunately, there's no listing for Belinda Busato, Berna Maria Do Carmo or Anja Lemmermann. @Santo: are any of these girls in any of the other Annuario books from the 1980s?? If they're not in these books, it's always possible to add the pics for Busato and Do Carmo with a comment that the info is from the DCI. Any thoughts on this?

Oh, and you are right about the two women named Anja Lemmermann! Clearly a case of two different people with the same name.
Spirito_Santo

Beitrag von Spirito_Santo »

Not in 1980, 1984/85, 1987/88, 1988/89, not 1 of these actresses!
The other annuari i haven't here! Maybe tomorrow i can controll the other!?
...um zu glauben was wir lesen, wär ein Aug' genug gewesen.
...mit dem einen Maule schon, schwätzt zuviel der Erdensohn.
...hätt' er aber Mäuler zwei, löge er sogar beim Fressen!

Es gibt nur eines was wichtig ist: daß man sterben muß!
FatmanDan

Beitrag von FatmanDan »

Btw, it's quite obvious that Morris ist the actor which is in the other link depicted as Giovanni de Nava (beard, face form etc.)
Antworten