Englische Stimmen

Alles über die beiden Haudegen! Das Forum der Spencer/Hill-Datenbank.
Genesis
Re: Englische Stimmen

Beitrag von Genesis »

Ich hab mir eben "Guiseppe, venduto dai Fratelli" auf you-tube in der engl. Fassung angesehen. Auf italienisch ist natürlich der frühere Hill-Synchronsprecher zu hören. Auf englisch bin ich nicht sicher, ob die junge Stimme vom jungen Mario Girotti selbst sein könnte.
Ohne Heu kann das beste Pferd nicht pfurzen
Maiky

Beitrag von Maiky »

Nö, ganz klares Nein --- die englische Stimme hat weder mit Terence Hill noch mit Mario Girotti irgendwas zu tun.

(Davon mal ab ist das auch eindeutig ein Brite, der ihn da spricht. Das hat sich mir im übrigen sowieso nie erschlossen, wieso man Terence Hill, Bud Spencer oder auch die Oliver Onions (bezugnehmend auch auf das kürzlich hier gepostete ältere Interview) und viele andere überhaupt jemals für Englisch-Mutterspracher oder sogar Amerikaner gehalten hatte lange Zeit oder teils auch immer noch. Spätestens wenn die alle drei Sätze im Programm sind erschlägt einen meiner Meinung nach bei den meisten der italienische Akzent. Und auch bei Terence Hill kommt er nach meinem Dafürhalten permanent durch in allen Filmen oder Interviews ;) )
"Das Leben & Denken im Konjunktiv führt ins Unglück." ~ Jean Reno & irgendwie so 8-)
Johan Melle

Beitrag von Johan Melle »

Returning to this topic after searching around a bit and finding out about a Britsh actor named Roger Worrod, who moved to Italy in 1968 where he worked extensively as a voice dubbing actor up until the late 1980s or so.

His profile on this page mentions him having dubbed Bud Spencer: https://www.stage32.com/profile/140504/about
It also mentions him dubbing John Sharpe and it appears the film in which he dubbed Sharpe was ...OTHERWISE WE'LL GET MAD (1974). It's a bit hard to get a real feel of his voice in this film since he dubs Sharpe with a bit of an exaggerated "idiot voice", but I found that Mr. Worrod also has a YouTube channel where he has posted some clips of himself, including an uncredited role in the film THE KISS OF THE COBRA (1986) where I believe he is featured with his own voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlk-Sdh2jZc

He's also the voice of the title character in the animated film ROBINSON CRUSOE (1974) which can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xQFG82h4tM

Sooo... any ideas about which movie it is that features him as Bud's English voice?
Maiky

Beitrag von Maiky »

Hi Johan, how about trying Today/Me - Tomorrow/You, Beyond The Law or Charleston for starters :?:
"Das Leben & Denken im Konjunktiv führt ins Unglück." ~ Jean Reno & irgendwie so 8-)
Johan Melle

Thanks, but I don't have the films in question. I must say, though, that with Worrod being British, I just can't see him as a very logical choice to to dub Bud in westerns. That said, it seems from the clips of himself that he's posted on YouTube that he's very versatile and able to change and/or distort his voice a lot. On one of the sites I found about him, it says he specializes in accents and dialects. So I don't know. Perhaps the best option is to try to contact him and ask if he remembers which movie he dubbed Bud in.

Anyway, I've gone through the BIG MAN series, and these are the English voices I can recognize:

AN UNUSUAL INSURANCE:

Mylène Demongeot - Carolyn De Fonseca

Geoffrey Copleston - Geoffrey Copleston

Raymond Pellegrin - Ted Rusoff

Armand Meffre - William Berger

Agnese Ricci - Pat Starke

Bruna Feirri - Susan Spafford

Romano Puppo - Nick Alexander

Giovanni Cianfriglia - Larry Dolgin

BOOMERANG:

Jean-Paul Muel - Kenneth Belton

Sandro Moretti - William Berger

Paolo Casella - John Gayford

Vanni Materassi - Robert Spafford

Lanfranco Spinola - Robert Spafford

$ 395 AN OUNCE:

Michel Constantin - Ted Rusoff

Pascale Roberts - Susan Spafford

Venantino Venantini - Frank von Kuegelgen

THE FALSE ETRUSCAN:

Jacques Sernas - Kenneth Belton

Alicia Leoni - Pat Starke

Mario Pilar - John Gayford

Francesca Ferré - Penny Brown

Albano Bufalini - Nick Alexander

THE DIVA:

Ursula Andress - Silvia Faver

Paul Guers - William Berger

Bernard Woringer - Nick Alexander

Lena Grinda - Susan Spafford

Bruno Di Luia - Ted Rusoff

Catherine Lesnoff - Pat Starke

A POLICY FOR HELL:

Hartmut Becker - Frank von Kuegelgen

Josef Fröhlich - Larry Dolgin

Maria Grazia Bon - Susan Spafford

Udo Weinberger - Nick Alexander

Gianluigi Pizzetti - John Gayford

PS. This is the only episode in which Mylène Demongeot is not dubbed by Carolyn De Fonseca. No idea why they got another dubbing lady to do the voice for this one episode. Interestingly, this is also the only episode to not feature the voice of Fonseca's husband, Ted Rusoff.
Schlitzi

Beitrag von Schlitzi »

What about Piedone 1 and 2, Hippotamus or the Missionares?
Maiky

Beitrag von Maiky »

Hippo sounds good :!: "I'm for the Hippo", as one of them, so to speak :D
Johan Melle

Hippotamus sounds like a definite possibility, yes, but it's very difficult to say anything for sure. Anyway, I've sent Mr. Worrod a message, so let's see if we're lucky and get a reply.
Maiky

Beitrag von Maiky »

GREAT!!! THANK YOU!!! 👍👍👍📨📨📨 😎😎😎 🎰🎰🎰
Chickadee

Beitrag von Chickadee »

It's curious. 8-) Roger Worrod just told me that he is the voice of Bud Spencer in "Watch out, we're mad". Ed Mannix, his normal voice had to go back to the USA and he was there because he dubbed John Sharp. So since he was available, he just took over and spoke both parts. :)
Antworten