Please stop crazy deletions

Alle Themen zur Cinema-Italiano-Datenbank.
Ghibarian
Please stop crazy deletions

Beitrag von Ghibarian »

dear Fatmandan for the umpteenth time you have deleted actors from films for no apparent reason (Baghino from the film Gastone and Musco from the film I ragazzi del Juke Box). I personally inserted those actors after watching the films and I am sure they are present in the film, unless proven otherwise.
I don't have the habit of writing down everything I put in the DB on paper (otherwise it wouldn't make sense to have a DB), so everything deleted from the database is lost forever. Among other things, now I have to look again at the entire films to find out what the role of the two actors was. Does it seem normal to you?

In the last years, after noticing that you were making crazy deletions on my data, I wrote to you that to delete data that was not entered by you from the database you MUST first discuss in the forum if it is data that can be deleted, motivating why you want to delete it.

don't drive me crazy please
FatmanDan

Re: Please stop crazy deletions

Beitrag von FatmanDan »

dear Ghibarian, I surely don't want to drive you crazy. I deleted the entrances that our friends over at thrillingforum have signaled as erroneously after searching for them in the films. And there is always a search in the original film that leads to this conclusion. For "I ragazzi del juke box" there are 29 entrances, but no Musco has been identified, for Gastone it's a similar situation - no Baghino sighting.

To me these colleagues are reliable, but anyway - I will furthermore indicate such roles with a remark in the role box, as we do this with a "credit only" remark, okay? Also, it's not that difficult to add the titles again, cause they are listed in the "actor not found" section of the guys' filmo.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass....

PS: I moved two wrong Giovanni Vari identifications into the "unknown actors" section, and I'm still convinced that it IS Ettore Arena in ZANNA BIANCA....:-)))
FatmanDan

Beitrag von FatmanDan »

And a question of categorizing, Vittoriano: Is "scenotecnico" an art department or "special effects" section? (Or another, even...)
FatmanDan

Beitrag von FatmanDan »

"Is there anybody OUT THERE?" (Pink Floyd)
CharlieFirpo
Administrator

Beitrag von CharlieFirpo »

Ich bin da, bin mir aber bei der Bezeichnung auch nicht sicher. Vom Bauchgefühl würde ich den unter "Bauten" mit Kommentar "scenotecnico" eintragen, aber sicher bin ich nicht.
Ghibarian

Beitrag von Ghibarian »

CharlieFirpo hat geschrieben: Mo 29. Mär 2021, 08:26 Ich bin da, bin mir aber bei der Bezeichnung auch nicht sicher. Vom Bauchgefühl würde ich den unter "Bauten" mit Kommentar "scenotecnico" eintragen, aber sicher bin ich nicht.
In modern cinema by scenotecnico we mean the special effects technician (the one who on the set is in charge of making the explosions, the fake fire, the fake smoke, the wind, the incoming bullets, etc). So he should be in "special effects" section.
There can be confusion because the same term is also used to mean those involved in scenographic design and construction.
I imagine that the misunderstanding arises from the fact that both have a single origin in the theatrical field, where the scenotecnico deals with the design of the machinery necessary for the scenography of the theathral show.
FatmanDan

Beitrag von FatmanDan »

Thank you very much, both. It'll be handled like that resp. corrected in the filmos
Ghibarian

Beitrag von Ghibarian »

Dear FatmanDan,
I just deleted the stupid "not proven" comments you added to my identifications in the last few hours. I begin to lose my patience. Who are you to say that my identifications are not proven?
FatmanDan

Beitrag von FatmanDan »

Ghibarian, so telly me ***how*** to indicate roles that are listed in the cidb but have no role given or picture, even not in the thrillingforum? Or how to see WHO entered the identification? There was a wrong identification for Umberto Salomone, for example, so there ARE possible mistakes.
Ghibarian

Beitrag von Ghibarian »

I don't give a shit about what they write on the thrillingforum, IMDB or other sites. So are they the Bible? So we have to be equal and aligned with them? Then there is no point in having this database.

To see who inserts what, just open the related Log page, but this thing is totally indifferent; if there is an information in the database, there must be a reason! We never add random information. Maybe we found that info personally by watching the film, maybe found in a book, maybe revealed by an interview, etc. We still do not have the possibility here to report the source when we insert any data in the DB, but surely the information entered here are serious and reliable.

So as I told you before, if you think that an information is wrong (an actor, a date, a title, a crew member, ..), come here to the forum and let's discuss it. Have you personally seen those films of which you say that the presence of the actors is "not proven"?

But if the logic is that all the information that are not present in the thrillingforum are wrong, then it means that at least 40% of our database is wrong. Do you plan to report or delete all our posts if you don't find them on thrillingforum?

Obviously there are some mistakes here in the DB, it is normal, but I believe instead that the information here is much richer and more accurate than other sites.
so telly me ***how*** to indicate roles that are listed in the cidb but have no role given or picture
When someone adds the role, they will have a role. When someone adds the photo, they will have a photo. There is nothing to report.
Antworten